The Mission of the Kanab Area Chamber of Commerce is to advance and promote the economic environment for business, to advocate for responsive government and quality education while preserving the Kanab Area unique community characteristics.
We seek to grow our local economy & improve the business climate through networking opportunities, resources, education, events, programs & services.
- Business to Client
- Business to Business
- Business to Community
- Monthly Luncheons
- Special Events
- A voice for Business on
- Legislative issues and
- Government regulations
- Provides assistance and information to businesses that are starting-up, expanding or relocating. We work closely with local resources to provide information and the assistance they need.
- Links consumers with suppliers and customers through our referral network. We direct visitors, newcomers, residents, or other businesses to our member businesses that supply the products and services they need.
- Holds a luncheon the second Tuesday of the month from noon to 1 pm. A great networking opportunity and a way to be in the know about issues facing business.
- Maintains a website www.kanabchamber.com that provides locals & visitors with the chamber business directory, area information and important links to other partner sites.
- Provides networking and marketing opportunities for member businesses.
- Increase visibility for businesses through Business Spotlights, Ribbon Cuttings & Press Releases on events. We encourage our members to attend these events, meet the owners and support their efforts.
- Keeps members informed about current events, activities and business issues.
- Promotes & supports the local economy through Buy Local First program, events & networking.
Rack Card Program
The Chamber feels that it is important to give visitors to the area options of places to eat, tours to go on, shops to visit, etc. while they are here. The Chamber Rack Card program was born to benefit our local businesses. All of the placed cards are local (Southern Utah). The Chamber has racks in 25 locations currently. It has been shown that racks are an effective tool for local advertising. The effectiveness of rack displays was even mentioned by Roger Brooks in one of his local presentations. This program has proved that theory; our racks are heavily used and the locations in which they are placed are very happy to have them and utilize them as they communicate with their patrons.
The cost is $350 annually and the racks are maintained year round. We need about 1000 cards for the first placement and prefer to have about twice that provided so we have ready stock for replacement. You will be contacted when our supply gets low, asking for more.
We feel like this is a great opportunity to get your information into the hands of potential customers visiting this area. 81% of travel decisions are made using printed brochures WHILE they are traveling. Roger Brooks, an expert on tourism, stressed this is an investment, not an expense.
It is time to renew for the next year. Do not miss this opportunity to get your information into the hands of your future customers. Contact Melanie Alderman at 435.899.1855 or
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up for the Chamber Rack Program. Rack space is limited.